Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yesterday Never Happened

Yesterday was one of those days where you sit down at the end of the day and say, "Let's just pretend that never happened."

After a late night the night before, Hyrum was still up and ready to go at 5am.  Try as I might, he wouldn't cooperate with the please-pretty-please-can-we-sleep-some-more gig.  I finally gave up and took him for a walk after feeding him breakfast.

Of course, an early morning meant that by 7:30 he was cranky and I was more than happy to lay him down for a nap, but I was also still in that I'm-tired-and-don't-feel-like-doing-much mode [I think I was all day].  So, I forced myself to unpack a few bags and then went back to bed with the intent to take a 30 minute power nap that turned into an I'm not sure how long unpowerful nap.

Little Boy slept for three hours, ate lunch, and decided he was still going to be a grouch.  I set up the little baby pool we bought him in the backyard and that was cool for maybe 15 minutes but then he just wanted to get out and create a muddy mess and I just wasn't in the mood for that, so we went back inside and he threw a fit.  I put him in his bed and he went right back to sleep (much to my surprise) and slept and slept and slept and slept.  I finally woke him up over three hours later [it was like waking him from the dead].  I'm not sure that was the best idea.  He smiled and talked to me a short while and then became ornery again.  He proceeded to be ornery for the remainder of the day (unless, of course, Dad or Uncle Bryton were there).  Try as I might, I just couldn't figure out what he wanted.

I finally just put him in the bath.   He likes baths.  He doesn't like getting dried off and jammies put on.  He ran off before I could get a diaper on.  No joke, I followed him right into our bedroom only to find him standing there, like a true boy, peeing on the shorts Husband had left on the floor.  Sigh.

Husband left for work at 6:00, got home at 3:30, worked on a job application (cross your fingers), and left for a Big Boy Mover move at 4:30.  He came home at 6:30, showered, and left for mutual.  I guess this is supposed to mean "get used to Husband not being around much because when he starts his second job on Monday, you'll never see him...ever."  That's depressing.

I don't know what I was expecting on my first day back.  I thought Hyrum would at least act like he had missed me.  Despite wanting to throw up my hands and give up more than once, I made it through.  I'm grateful that Uncle Bryton did hang around and entertain Hyrum for half an hour.  I'm glad that despite everything I still made a delicious dinner for my Husband and that the dishes got done.  I'm glad that Hyrum went to sleep at 8:00 and I was able to crawl into my bed with a book and just take it easy.  Yesterday was rough, but today will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!