Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Like the Sound of That

I'm not sure what to call it.  A miracle?  An accident?  A tender mercy?

Hyrum went to bed last night at 7:30.  When I say went to bed, I mean I put him in his bed, kissed him goodnight, shut his door, and he went to sleep without so much as a peep.  That in and of itself isn't that miraculous/accidental/tender mercy-ish.  The real kicker was that we didn't hear a peep from him all night! 

It was one of those nights when you wake up at 1:30 and ask Husband, "Have you heard him at all?  Have I just been sleeping so deeply I missed it?"  No.  Neither of us had heard him.

At 7:00 this morning I went in to check on him...was he still breathing?!  Yes.  He was breathing.  Had he moved?  Not so much as an inch from where he was when we checked on him at 11:00 the night before.  Head down, bumb in the air.  Sweet as can be.

1 comment:

  1. I loved and hated those nights at the same time! Hate out of fear of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!