Saturday, September 3, 2011

Momma's Gonna be a Nurse Someday!

Hooray for nursing school!  This is me and Hyrum on my "first" day of nursing school.  I say "first" because it was the first day I got to put on scrubs and wear my nifty little stethoscope around my neck.  I'm not gonna lie, I think the wine/white scrubs are classy.  I'm not gonna lie, I'm terrified of sitting in something and ruining my white pants.  Classy can turn disastrous real quick, let me tell ya.  
 

I'm loving nursing school.  Wednesdays are not so great, but overall I love being in class.  I love lab.  We've practiced therapeutic communication, vital signs, changing an occupied bed, "peri care", how to transfer patients,  catheter care, and much more.  I love the things I'm learning.  Pharmacology is going to be a tough class, but I think it'll be engaging and applicable. 

Blood pressure is a lot harder than it looks.  I have to pass out of it Tuesday.  I need to find some people to terrorize so that I can master it.  Dad?  Bryton?  Tony's already been forced to be my patient and Hyrum's a fun little guy too!  No blood pressure for him, but holy cow is his heart rate fast!  Almost too fast to count.


I'm glad I'm going back to school, even though a cute little guy put it on hold for a little while.  I'm glad that I've found nursing to be enjoyable so far.  I think I made the right decision in a career path.  I always wondered if I was enough of a people person to be a nurse, but I've found that if I tell myself I can do it, I can do it.  And for my high school counselor and everyone else who has told me I should be a doctor, not a nurse... BLEH!  I love nursing.  I wouldn't want to be a doctor for anything.  I'ma gonna be a nurse someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!