Monday, October 24, 2011

Super Mom/Dad Extraordinaire Convention

Today has been absolutely exhausting.  I'll spare you most of the details.  Just reading about it may exhaust you.

After today, we signed Husband up for the Task Juggling 101 class as well as the How to Get a Good Night's Sleep in 2 Hours class at the Super Dad Extraordinaire Convention.   Feed the babe, put him down for a nap, exercise, shower, dress, lunches packed, call the credit card company because they charged us twice for the bill this month (once on our current account and once on the account we closed a year and a half ago), get the babe to the babysitter, get himself to the seminary, have a heart-to-heart with the troublemaker, teach a rockin' class, book it back to the babysitter's, drive to Downtown Phoenix to pick up Momma from school, go home, change clothes, potty break, kiss Wifey and babe, run out the door for a 5 1/2 hour shift at Home Depot. Whew!

In less stressful news, the Texas Rangers lead the World Series 3-2!  One more win and Husband will be one happy cookie.  Husband has decided that when he serves his Wifey, the Rangers do well.  The other day he vacuumed and did laundry etc. etc. and they pulled off a win in the ninth inning.  See above and you'll know why they won today.  I think wearing his Rangers tie everyday doesn't hurt either. 

As for me, I'm signing up for the College and Mothering class and the How to Grocery Shop with Infants, Toddlers, and/or Children class at the Super Mom Extraordinaire Convention.  [If you want details about the convention, let me know.] 

I had class starting at 7:30 this morning, then another class, then lunch, then open lab, then a mandatory Student Nurses Association meeting.  Long day.  For real.  Luckily, I had my buddy by my side.  We had some good laughs and we suffered the nauseating BO at the meeting this afternoon.  Unfortunately, that's not the worst smell we'll experience as nursing students...

As for the grocery shopping, most of the time I try to finagle* Tony into going with me (or sometimes, if I'm really lucky, he does it all by himself).  This time it didn't work out.  It had to be done today and Husband just couldn't handle one more thing on his plate.  So, after my long day at school I came home, fed Little Guy and then we headed out the door.

Let the excitement begin.

Hyrum has upgraded to a bigger car seat, one that doesn't come out and serve as a means to tote your child around.  He still fits in the littler one, but the big one was already strapped into the car, so I took it.  Well...what am I supposed to do when I get to the store?  Dilemma.  Tote him around in my arms until they fall off OR sit him in the nasty cart and try to keep him from sucking on it?  It was a rough trip and took me twice as long as it should have.  Of course, I couldn't just go to one store...I had to go to Target as well because we were out of diapers and baby food and we still have gift cards at Target and I had a coupon for Target diapers.  Why do we have to be so frugal?  Oh yeah...because we're poor.  Although, we did pick up $0.13 in spare change between Husband and I today.

Shopping behind me, we made it home.  Now, we had to unload the groceries!  I hate unloading groceries.  I can't wait to learn how to gracefully unload the car while toting a six month old who weighs next to 20 pounds.  It took me 3 trips and my arms were dead afterwards.  I don't think I'll be able to move them tomorrow.


Enough excitement.  Time to study. 

*fi·na·gle [fi-ney-guhl] (verb) 1.  to get or achieve (something) by guile, trickery, or manipulation

1 comment:

  1. I am finally to a point where wait til older kids come home and then I go shopping before hubby comes home! It is never easy or fun and gets worse when there are two or three or even four with you!

    ReplyDelete

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!