Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stress

I have found the official answer on why I feel better about things after I blog.
"In its therapeutic meaning, expressive writing involves telling a 'story' about traumatic, emotionally charged, or stressful events and personal reactions...expressive writing is useful in disclosing and processing emotions, and in measurably improving physical and mental health" (Horowitz, 2010).
I'm glad blogging is more than a time-consuming hobby.  Hooray for improving my physical and mental health, and hooray for my happy, rabbit-eating boy!




Horowitz, J.A. (2010). Stress management. In C. L. Edelman & C. L. Mandle (Eds.), Health promotion throughout the lifespan (7th ed., pp. 619-647). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
See how I'm showing off my APA skills? Fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!