Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Little Reads: Martha Doesn't Say Sorry

Martha Doesn't Say Sorry by Samantha Berger
5 out of 5 stars


Hyrum, why 5 stars?  
Because I love it!
Why do you love it?
Because I love all the pages!
What's your favorite part?
When her little brother says "Fwaa?" 

**A note from Mom**
I've been waiting for Hyrum to develop the pre-reading skill of "retelling a story."  So often I would ask him to read a book to me or Lindi, only to hear the response "I don't know the words!"  No matter how much I told him that he didn't need to know the words, that he could just describe what was happening in the pictures, he wouldn't do it.  Much to my delight, he started doing it this week with "Martha Doesn't Say Sorry."  I think it is a story that he can relate to...what four year old doesn't struggle with saying sorry?  This, coupled with the fun story, makes it a great story to "retell."
Interactive questions:
What did Martha do to her dad?
How softly/loudly can you say sorry?
Why do we need to say sorry? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!