Saturday, November 19, 2011

Time Out for Women

During the first weekend in November, I went on a spur of the moment weekend getaway with my mom, aunts, Grams, and cousin.  Hyrum, of course, came along too.  I hadn't planned on going, but a friend of my mom's had a baby get sick and she didn't want a ticket to go unused.  Tony was going to be working most of the weekend, so I went.  I'm so glad that I did.  I love every bit of quality time I get with my mom, the most amazing woman in the world.  Plus, it was fun to be with the other women in my family.  They are such great examples to me!  Grams, Jonna, Sherra, Casey, Teonna, Rocki, and Brittney!  What spectacular women!

Time Out for Women is held on Friday night and then all day Saturday.  It was held at the Phoenix Convention Center.  Speakers such as Mary Ellen Edmunds, Brad Wilcox, Linda J. Eyre, and Shawni Eyre Pothier shared inspiring messages about what it means to be a wife, a mother, and most importantly, a disciple of Christ.  I loved hearing Hilary Weeks perform.  She has an incredible voice and such uplifting music.  Aside from Time Out itself, it was fun to chat with the girls, spend the night at the resort, go out for dinner together, and catch up on all that is going on in our busy lives.  We were sad that Teonna had to leave early.  She was a trooper for being there and being 36 weeks pregnant with twins!  Hooray for two happy baby boys, Gunner Wade and Gavin Edward, that joined our family this week!



I'm so grateful for my mother.  She is one of my biggest helpers.  She is always willing to watch Little Boy.  She goes out of her way to do anything she can to make us happy.  Most importantly, she has taught me what it means to be selfless and charitable.  She is one of the most Christ-like people I know.  I hope that I can learn from her example and become the kind of woman she is.  I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!