Monday, November 28, 2011

Mothers & Babies

Birth is not only about making babies.
Birth is about making mothers--
strong, competent, capable mothers who
trust themselves and know their inner strength.
- Barbara Katz Rothman

Sometimes I look at where I am in life and I'm blown away that I'm a wife and a mother.  I'm amazed that I spend each day with my very best friend, that he loves me enough to put up with me.  I'm flabbergasted that there is a little boy crawling around with blue eyes just like me.  Bewildered?  Astounded?  Dumbfounded?  Yes.  Happy.  Content.  Delighted.  Exultant.  Is there a better place to be?  I can assure you there is not.





Little Boy has had me thinking the last few days.  It is so much fun to watch him figure things out.  Not only can he crawl, he'll come find you if you're in the other room.  He's figured out how to pull himself onto his knees and his feet.  Who taught him that?  I was trying to keep him from doing that...now that he's figured that out, he's gonna figure out walking and then he's going to be six feet tall and it won't be cool to attack Mom with slobbery kisses.  I'm going to miss that.


 
 


 


All of this speedy growing and changing has put me in a reflective mood.  A year ago I was just getting past that yuck stage of pregnancy.  The heartburn wasn't going to go away and the uncomfort was just going to get worse as time went on, but it was a happy time.  I couldn't wait to be a mother and for reasons other than not being pregnant anymore.  Isn't it wonderful that we forget how hard those months were?  If we remembered, how many of us would do it again?  I look back on April 19th and remember waking up with contractions, but I remember the excitement, not the pain.  I remember that childbirth was hard, but I did it!  If I did it once, what's keeping me from doing it again (at least eventually...no Baby Brown on the way--we have to wait for school to be done). 

[I know that not every pregnancy is peachy keen.  Some struggle with getting pregnant.  Some haven't been blessed with that opportunity and might never be.  Just remember to have faith in God, His plan, and His timing.  Find joy in the life that is yours and know that you are a daughter of God who loves each of His daughters equally.]

Babies are special because they make women into mothers.  Being a mother gives you the opportunity to work with a husband and with God in raising a child.  Never forget that you cannot do it on your own and with God nothing shall be impossible.  (See Luke 1:37)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!