Saturday, July 25, 2015

My First Daughter

I saw something yesterday that fit my daughter perfectly.

Toddler (n.) an emotionally unstable, pint-sized dictator with the uncanny ability to know how far to push you towards utter insanity before reverting to a lovable cuddle monster


That. Is. My. Daughter. 

"Mom, I don't need to go potty!" is code word for "Mom! I really do need to go potty, but I don't want to take the time to go."  But, hey! She tells me!

She showed her extreme excitement for her new Frozen panties by not wearing one single pair for longer than an hour. 

She hates going to sleep. She needs sleep more than she needs anything, but going to sleep often consists of screaming and kicking and a lot of "I don't want to sleep!" And "I'm not crying!!!!!!!" And "Don't touch me!!" 

Just when I'm ready to pull my hair out, though, she suddenly stops crying and says "Do you wanna build a snowman? Elsa? Elsa? Go to sleep, Elsa." That's just too darn cute. 

Yesterday I was trying to leave the library. I was toting two heavy bags full of books and holding a baby who was screaming her head off. And there was Lindi. She had kicked off her shoes...again...and was lying on her belly, army crawling with a big ol' "I know you need me to cooperate and this doesn't qualify" grin on her face. I actually laughed out loud. It was that ridiculous. 

I got her as far as the lobby area when an old man offered to open the door. Thank you! Of course, Lindi wouldn't come so I said, "Ok. I'll come back for you." The man looked at me in shock and said "Are you sure?" Well, I'm pretty sure I can't physically grab her and carry her out to the car. I don't have eight arms like Hyrum insists I need. We were parked immediately in front of the entrance. No more than ten feet away. She can wait.

The cherry on top was when she bit my bottom.  She was a peach yesterday.

Her attitude is going to be good for her someday. She is going to use it to do a lot of good in life. I can't wait to see the young lady she will become! 

In the meantime...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!