Monday, April 23, 2012

One More Day

The last few days have given me a taste of what summer will be like and I am SO excited!

I could do without the 100 degree weather, but...

Summer means giving your house some loving attention (aka cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, doing the dishes as they get put in the sink rather than when you don't have any clean dishes left).  I don't enjoy cleaning the house, but I do enjoy a clean house.

Hyrum and I will get to spend gobs of time together.  Seriously.  We can go for walks (early morning, late evening walks).  We can water the garden.  We can play catch.  We can giggle.  We can eat yummy, healthy food.  We can read books.  We can buy a kiddie pool and make sure it sits squarely in the shade so as to not cause the sun to burn our fair skins.  We can take naps.  It shall be grand fun.

(Side note:  I feel like I can't remember the last time I had a good, long, relaxing break.  Last summer I was taking care of a newborn baby--rewarding, but not relaxing.  The summer before that I was work, work, working...the summer before that I met Tony, but that was the last week of summer and I seriously don't have any memories besides that one...Nevertheless...I am excited for this summer.)

I sat down today and set some goals for the summer.  I want to learn Portuguese.  I want to read good books.  I want to visit the Snowflake Temple with Husband (#14). I want to be a more proficient blogger (as in, officially catch up and stay caught up on the everyday goings on around here).  I want to stay in shape, get in shape, kick my "button gear."

Elder M. Russell Ballard challenged "Spend your energies doing those things that will make a difference."  So, this summer I am also going to do my best to serve others.  I am house sitting for a woman in my ward.  I want to help my mom and dad any way I can (they're busy people, you know, and can use all the help they can get).  I want to do family history and go to the temple as often as I can... I want to help Husband finally find a solution to his career crisis adventure.  There are so many good things to do.

One more day.

Why are you excited for summer?

1 comment:

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!