Sunday, November 8, 2015

Ponderize November 8, 2015

I found this winner while searching for my ponderize scripture. While it may be a little silly, I know it is a true principle. I have a most amazing husband and want to try my best every day to be the kind of wife who is virtuous, kind, and supportive.


I also looked up the definition of virtue and I loved what I found on lds.org
Virtue is a prerequisite to entering the Lord’s holy temples and to receiving the Spirit’s guidance. Virtue “is a pattern of thought and behavior based on high moral standards.” It encompasses chastity and moral purity. Virtue begins in the heart and in the mind. It is nurtured in the home. It is the accumulation of thousands of small decisions and actions. Virtue is a word we don’t hear often in today’s society, but the Latin root word virtus means strength. Virtuous women and men possess a quiet dignity and inner strength. They are confident because they are worthy to receive and be guided by the Holy Ghost. President Monson has counseled: “You be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone. Have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow. There is no friendship more valuable than your own clear conscience, your own moral cleanliness—and what a glorious feeling it is to know that you stand in your appointed place clean and with the confidence that you are worthy to do so.” 
I love it! I can't wait to see what inspiration and guidance I receive as I focus my efforts toward being more virtuous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!