Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ice Cream for Dinner and Other Stories.

I've been wanting to blog all week long, but I haven't felt "inspired" about anything in particular.  I feel like we're in that moment in time when things are happening so fast and yet it doesn't seem like much is happening.

With Husband's new schedule, we hardly see each other.  We may say "Hello" at 2am when he gets home on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights.  Sometimes we all congregate at Grannie and Pop's house for dinner during the split in his shift, but if that doesn't happen, then "Hello" at 2am just has to do.

Hyrum has us running running running.  He is a busy boy who loves to talk.  He gets lots of one-on-one time with Dad, Grannie, and Mom.  Surprisingly, I've found that our one-on-one time is a happy trade for Dad being gone so much.  Being the only one home with him has forced me to slow down, set school aside, and do things Hyrum enjoys.  Some nights we have ice cream for dinner (aka: green smoothies).  We read stories, do laundry, go for walks, play at the park, run around in the backyard, and have a lot of fun.

Husband and I have started discussing the possibility of buying a house.  Sometimes I have panic attacks about being so grown up and making such a huge decision.  Then Husband tells me I'm too much like Marlin ("How do you know something bad isn't gonna happen?!") and should be more like Dory ("I don't!") from Finding Nemo.  In reality it comes down to the fact that we could easily pay the same amount to rent a two bedroom apartment as we could paying a mortgage payment.  That just seems silly, so now we have to see if  we can scrape together a down payment.

Baby has driven me to my bottle of Tums.  I also can't squeeze between people and bedside tables and patients at the hospital as well as I used to.  Hyrum thinks it's funny to point to his tummy and say "Baby!" because he knows he'll get the "No you don't! There's no baby in your belly!" reaction from Mom every time.

Husband is in the middle of two new temple paintings.  He's an artist.  You can pay him if you'd like. :)

I'm 88 days and 12 hours away from my official graduation.  We're getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!