Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Health According to Walmart

Do you ever stand in line at the checkout and judge the people in front of you?  I still laugh when I think about the woman buying a Jillian Michaels DVD and two gallons of ice cream.  More often than not I assess the amount of junk food and the ratio of fresh produce people are buying.  Sadly, this leads me to look at the kind of people checking out.  I'm never very surprised to see the state of their health.  When they have kids with them it makes me want to cry.  How sad that the poor eating habits of their parents effect them so drastically!

Of course I'd like to think that my junk food to healthy food ratio is quite acceptable.  It may look okay at the checkout, but can I really justify smothering my brown rice, spinach, broccoli, zucchini, and tomatoes in homemade Alfredo sauce?  Oh, but it tastes so good!  And Hyrum ate all of the green veggies!  That's not always true.  And did I mention that it was delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!