Sunday, July 8, 2012

Spoons and Peanut Butter

This is one of those things where years down the road, my fifth child will say, "Mom, how come you don't have any pictures of me using a spoon correctly for the first time?"  And I'll probably just sigh and say, "Because I love Hyrum best."  

I guess I was feeling a little bit adventurous and I decided to let Hyrum try out the spoon at dinner tonight.  We tried this a few weeks ago, and although he could get beans on his spoon, he couldn't get them into his mouth.  Much to our surprise, tonight he had it mastered like a pro, right from the get go.  I'm a proud Momma.  He ate his entire dinner with a spoon. 




Husband was saying, "That's not normal!  Not just any 14 month old can do that!"  

My retort was, "How do you know?  You've never had a 14 month old!  You just want him to be extraordinary."

Husband smiled and agreed.
 


After Dad went to bed (at 6:30--gag me!) Hyrum and I decided to have some peanut butter, honey, and crackers.  After licking the peanut butter/honey off and handing me two soggy crackers, I decided it was time to move up in the world.  The pictures are blurry, but he sure liked it...until he decided it was bedtime and started rubbing peanut butter in his eyes.  Then it wasn't fun because Momma had to wash it all off and he hates getting his face washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!