Saturday, July 7, 2012

A New Schedule

Husband passed his test and will graduate Tuesday as a Transportation Security Officer.  (Yes.  They take this very seriously.)  In addition to all of that excitement, he starts his official schedule tomorrow.  He'll work four days a week from 4am to 10 (or 11)am.  While there are a lot of things we like about this schedule, there are a few that we're not too excited about, and I'm sure even more that we'll discover over the next few weeks.

For starters, Husband doesn't even like thinking about waking up at 2:30am to get himself ready, out the door, and to work on time.  I don't like that he has to go to bed so early.  I'm dreading actually going to bed tonight.  Husband snores.  Normally that's not a problem because I'm asleep before it starts and it doesn't bother me in the middle of the night, but trying to fall asleep to that sweet music is another story.

And then there's the new habit he's picked up with the new schedule.  Booby-trapping me.

I needed to get something out of the closet.  I didn't want to bother him, so I crept quietly down the hall and then...

BAM! SPLAT! CRASH!  BOOM!  I walked right into the bedroom door, which he had cleverly shut and which I could not see in the dark.

"Huh? What's going on?" Husband says drowsily.

I'm not sure whether to bust up laughing or to cry.  I try to stifle whatever it is gurgling in my throat and apologize, "You shut the door and it was dark and I couldn't see!"  Nice apology, I know.

P.S.  This morning at three, when I woke up to fix Husband's lunch, pray with him, etc., I told him, "I 'a-door' you!"

1 comment:

  1. This was awesome. Good luck with the new schedule!!! You'll get the swing of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!