Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blessing Day

Have you ever had one of those days when everything goes right? It's been one of those days in the Brown household.  I call it a blessing day.

Blessing #1:  Tony found out today that he will have an opportunity to be a seminary student teacher next school year.  This means a number of different things.  First of all, it's a paid position.  They will have work for him throughout the summer and then he will teach 2 or 3 classes next school year.  I can't even tell you what that will mean for us financially...let's just say a balanced budget.  Being a student teacher will also allow Tony great opportunities to become a better teacher, hopefully even a good enough teacher that he can be hired full-time.  Being a full-time CES employee would be Tony's dream job.  Even if that's not how the story ends, we're grateful for this opportunity and the blessing it will be for our family.

Blessing #2:  ASU posted all of my financial aid today.  Between hard earned scholarships, Pell grants, and university grants, I will not only be able to pay for tuition and fees, books, and  supplies, but some of that money will be extra cash in our pockets (probably to be used to pay off Tony's student loans).  Thank you ASU, the federal government, and whoever else is giving me free money.  You truly make school a worthwhile endeavor.

Blessing #3:  I have a baby boy in my arms (resulting in a blog post that must be pecked out with one hand), no where to be, and nothing to do but love this little boy.  How lucky am I?  Not only is he handsome, but he's also the sweetest baby you'll ever know.  He hardly fusses and is so easy to love.  He lets me get a decent night's sleep.  He hasn't tried to pee on me when I change his diaper.  He's spit up twice in his whole life.  He doesn't scream when we put him in his car seat.  I love Hyrum.  He loves me.  We love Daddy, yessiree!  He loves us and so you see...we are a happy family!

I could make a list of many more blessings, starting with the fact that it's 96 degrees outside but we're comfortable inside and ending with the fact that Hyrum and I get to go visit Grannie this weekend, but those are the BIG blessings for today.  I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is always watching over us and who never leaves us alone.  We may have to be patient and we may be surprised to find that His plan is a little different from the one we mapped out for ourselves, but he will always bless us.

1 comment:

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!