Thursday, May 29, 2014

While Daddy's Away

Hyrum, Lindi, and I spent the month of April living with my parents after Husband went off to Texas.  We sure missed him.  Poor Hyrum had a hard time wrapping his head around why his dad was gone.  He always cried, "I want my Daddy!!" when he didn't like me.  This was especially true when it was time to take a nap or go to bed.

We had lots of love and attention from the aunties and uncle.  They are such good buddies and we really miss them. 

For Easter we dyed eggs, had a visit from the Easter Bunny, and went to the Easter Pageant and ate pizza.






Hyrum turned three in April.  We had a fun day.  It started off with strawberry crepes (his favorite).  Lindi liked strawberries too.  She licked them off the plate! He got plenty of presents.  He helped make Oreo brownies for dessert and got to go swimming.  It was the best day of his life thus far.






Husband took the car along to Texas because there was no way I was going to drive two kids by myself, but that meant we were often stranded at Grannie and Pops' house.  We went to the park quite a bit. My favorite was when Hyrum decided to roll himself down the hill in the stroller. :)



We got to watch Uncle Hayden race in the Pinewood Derby.  He won third place!  Boy oh boy, did Hyrum think that was pretty exciting.  He can't wait until he gets to build a big race car with his dad.



Aunt Sydney was the best swim buddy.  The water was freezing, so I never did more than stick my feet in, but those kids sure loved it.



Lindi also threatened to start walking while her dad was away, but she didn't.  She still isn't, but she sure is close.  If she would just gather up enough gumption to let go and run, I know she could do it.


I don't think we'll ever plan to be apart for a month ever again, but we survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!