Friday, April 11, 2014

Jeri Lin's Birthday Bubble Bash

A couple of months ago, my dad asked if we would like to do the Bubble Run on my birthday.  "What the heck?  Why not?" I thought.  It was a 5K event with colorful foam bubble pits throughout the course.  The best part was that I got to have my whole family together (minus Elder Shinkle).  Even my sisters who didn't want to do a "race" came because they loved me and I really enjoyed walking with them.


Hyrum was definitely the cutest bubble runner, even if he didn't run (or even walk) most of the race.  He also had a traumatic episode when the yellow bubbles came up over his head.  Just ask him, he'll tell you all about it.




Husband did some jogging and some walking, all with Lindi on his back.  I tell you, she loves that backpack.  Apparently she was a huge hit.  Other racers were stopping so they could take pictures of her.  She makes friends everywhere, I tell ya.



After the race we all migrated to our house.  Husband grilled the burgers and I burnt the bacon.  Grannie supplied the cheesecake.  We turned on some March Madness and just enjoyed being all together. It doesn't happen nearly enough these days.  Best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!