Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcome Lindi Beth Brown

This post is an obligatory picture overload post.  But how can you post about the birth of your second child without having too many pictures?  It doesn't help that we had a camera, three iPhones, and two Galaxy S3s to capture her first day here... It is also a little overdue, but I am just now finding some semblance of order in my life.

On June 15th I was two days overdue.  This little baby was never going to come.  Then, sometime that morning I thought maybe, just maybe, I was starting to have contractions.  Nothing regular, nothing strong enough, but maybe...

It came time for Husband to head to work.  He asked me if he should go or stay.  I wouldn't give him an answer.  I wanted him to stay because my deepest darkest fear was sending him to work, going into labor, and not making it to the hospital in time.  At the same time, he had limited leave from work and I didn't want to waste 8 hours of leave on some "maybe" contractions.  Since I wouldn't decide, he did.  He was staying home from work.  I was a little upset.  But, we decided to make the most of his "day off."  We dropped Hyrum off at Grannie and Pops' house and went out to tour model homes at Eastmark.  Needless to say, Hyrum had a good time.

As we toured the houses, my "maybe" contractions turned into real contractions.  They became stronger and more regular.  We pulled out the handy dandy iPhone app and started timing them around 2:30pm.  We kept touring houses...stopping to breathe through contractions as needed.  Finally we decided to look at two more homes.  The saleslady asked when the baby was due.  Two days ago.  She was very excited when we informed her on the way out that we were headed to the hospital.

We made one last stop at Grannie and Pops' to say bye to Hyrum, feed Tony, and get laughed at by my sisters when I got hit with a long and hard contraction.  On the ramp from the Loop 202 to the 60, I decided I was getting an epidural.  We took the classic "We're finally here!" photos even though I was absolutely miserable.

The triage nurses were working fast.  I was dilated 5 1/2cm, 90% effaced.  I think they knew as well as I did that my 9 hour labor with my first child meant this one was coming quick.  My epidural was waiting in the labor and delivery room.  As soon as it was in, I was feeling lots of pressure.  Sure enough, my water hadn't broke, but I was 10cm, 100% effaced.  The doctor, Dr. Kudlinski was on call, was twenty minutes away. When the nurse called to update her she asked, "Is this the same patient you just called me about?"

Baby waited for the doctor, but four or five pushes later we had a baby girl!

Lindi Beth Brown was born at 5:16pm. 8 lb 15 oz!  19 3/4 inches long. Holy smoke!  We had a baby girl!4

Hyrum adores Lindi.  He kept saying "Baby!"  When she cried, he proudly announced that she needed a diaper change...

We're so grateful for our healthy, happy baby girl.  We are now a family of four!  I like that Husband refers to Lindi and I as "the girls" and I can refer to him and Hyrum as "the boys."  Life is good.  More to come...eventually.


  1. Finally! I've been waiting for more pictures:) I live that hyrum said she needed a change, and is she sucking her thumb in one of those photos? She's adorable, Jeri Lin! Congrats!!

  2. Congratulations Brown family! She is darling, and I love her name.


Loves to you for leaving nice comments!