Friday, November 2, 2012

Thank Goodness for Visiting Teaching

I love being a visiting teacher.  I love being visit taught.

Within the last few months, I was given new assignments and boy howdy was I ever excited about the sisters I get to visit.  It's been so much fun visiting with them and serving them and loving them.

One sister in particular has three kids under 4, a husband in med school, and is getting her master's in nutrition online.  She's completely crazy in my book, but I'm crazy too, so I understand where she's coming from.  

Once, as I was giving her the lesson on the importance of serving one another, I joked that I didn't know how to meet her needs because what she needed was more time and I don't have any time to give.  It took my genius husband to find the solution...trading kids for a couple of hours every week.

So, for the past month-ish we've been trading kids.  We each get more done in 2 hours with no kids than we would in 4 hours with kids, so it works out.  And let me tell ya...today I needed it.  

I woke up at 4:30 with leftover stomach bug from last night.  Too bad.  I had to be at clinical.  I thought I would be ok, until I was getting report and felt all sweaty and lightheaded and had to excuse myself.  I made it, though.  I took a little break, toughened up, and made it the rest of the day.

When I got home I thought I would be able to relax, get some studying done, and enjoy my boys.  Except that I forgot Husband was leaving for a campout, which meant that I needed to rush to the grocery store so that I could feed us for the next few days.  But on my way to the grocery store I remembered that I needed to water my neighbors flowers because she's trusting me to not kill everything while she's gone to her mother's funeral.  Seriously.  That is stressful.  So, the flowers made me late and I thought I lost my chance to take Hyrum to Mary's but she said, "No, bring him over!" and I breathed a sigh of relief as he ran into her house without any care that I was going to leave him there.

Homework got done.  Dinner got made.  My stress level decreased by leaps and bounds.  Thank goodness for visiting teaching.

In other news, Hyrum now purposely moves his bike so that he can climb on top of the speaker and play with the light switches.  Oh boy...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!