Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's a Hard Life

Things have been a little crazy this past week or so. Crazy crazy.

First of all, we have a Utah trip on the horizon. In preparation I've been running all over town looking for something I can wear for family pictures. I hate shopping, especially when you're looking for something specific. How come you can never find it? Anyhow...after scouring the mall and every other little shop between my place and Timbucktoo, I've decided I'll just wear something I already own. Lame. I know.

In addition to that drama, Husband has been scrambling to get everything ready for his first day of school. We fly in the evening before he officially starts teaching seminary at Mesa, so everything has got to be in perfect order. Hyrum and I have been helping as much as we can. It's been fun to decorate his classroom. (We'll post pictures soon. I think it looks great.) Husband has been busy busy busy between all his seminary stuff and Home Depot. He can't wait for the day when he only has one job, but he concedes that two jobs is better than no job and Home Depot is better than sitting at home looking for a job.

On top of all that, I've been trying to get everything ready for school. It's kinda depressing to spend $1000 on books, especially when you still have more books to buy and you just spent $200 on scrubs and there's a supplemental tuition for all nursing students and...and...and... Luckily, my in-laws decided to spoil me. As an early Christmas/Anniversary present, I got an iPad. I love it. I'm excited that I can tote it around instead of a laptop. It's also fun for doing things like say...updating your blog?

Then, if that's not enough, the A/C at our apartment broke. We woke up yesterday morning swimming in our own sweat. Delicious. I went to my mom and dad's house to escape the heat and Tony spent the day at the seminary. Unfortunately, we thought they fixed it, but ended up driving back out to my mom and dad's house at midnight because it was so blazin hot. All I can say is they better fix it soon because I have to pack for Utah and I ain't doing it when it's 100 degrees INSIDE my house. And hooray for having family nearby and teenage siblings who are awake at midnight to unlock the front door.

2 comments:

  1. That would be terrible with no air in the middle of summer. I know what you mean about shopping for something specific you NEVER find it. Have fun in Utah. Jealous about the IPad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the craziness i half the fun..right? So..broken AC is why I saw Tony At Wal-Mart..and why the surely awkward looking phone call took place! Ha...it was a good laugh..My closet is open to you if you want to borrow something..I just finished my laundry and its all coordinated by color..(haha I love summer) :)

    ReplyDelete

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!