Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Baby

First of all, if you haven't taken the time to vote in our poll  [to the right of this post...] go ahead.  We're curious to know what "vibes" everyone is getting.  Baby Brown is only about 5 weeks away!

I haven't written a whole lot about the pregnancy.  I haven't felt the need to share every day-by-day or even week-by-week update.  Who cares?  But, today I feel like sharing just a little bit...

Momma update:  I am 35 weeks along and my belly is correspondingly huge.  [I will not insert belly picture here.]  I get heartburn from time to time.  Sometimes it's so bad that it makes me feel sick and sometimes I get sick of only being able to lay on my left side, but I have survived.  My CTR ring won't come off.  I haven't had a whole lot of swelling, but there's obviously been some.  I enjoyed creating a makeshift swimsuit for our trip to the pool yesterday.  I'm still safely in the "healthy weight gain" range and proud of it.  I have random bursts of "holy-smokes-we're-gonna-have-a-baby-and-I'm-so-excited!!!"   I turn 20 next week and therefore will not qualify as a teenage mother.  Life is good.

Baby update:  Baby Brown moves constantly but is really good about sleeping when Mom is sleeping.  They're head down and very low.  [No, there's only one but we say "they" because we don't like "it."]  Last week Baby had an non-stress test and ultrasound done.  The NST was great.  The nurse practitioner said we had a happy baby.  The ultrasound, however, showed an elevated systolic/dyastolic ratio in the umbilical cord.  This is most often caused by increased resistance.  Now, Mom and Baby have to go in twice a week for testing.  NSTs every Monday and ultrasounds every Thursday, on top of any other regular appointments.  Good news is that Baby Brown passed the NST this week with flying colors and the ratios in the ultrasound were back to normal on Thursday.  We're glad that everything is going well.

[Note: The Browns are still in need of a boy name.]

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are well! My guess is a baby girl, with a middle name Lin (hahaha jk). Love ya! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!