Sunday, January 30, 2011

11/134 and Counting!

Eleven: the number of temples Tony and I have visited and performed ordinances in together.
One hundred and thirty-four: the number of operating temples around the world.
Thirteen: the number of additional temples that have been announced, ten of which are currently under construction.
Our outrageous goal: to visit and perform ordinances in every temple in the world.

It may happen...it may not...but whether or not it does, isn't what matters.  What matters is that Tony and I have established a tradition and one we rather enjoy.  We like going out of our way to visit someplace with a temple that we've never been to before.  In December we were able to visit the Lubbock, Texas temple on our way out to visit Tony's parents.  One thing you might not have known...the floorplan for the the Lubbock temple is the same as that of the San Antonio, TX temple (which we visited on our honeymoon).


 

By the way, Tony is a master as setting up the camera and running to get into the picture (as seen above)...

On our way back from Texas we made another detour and visited the Albuquerque, New Mexico temple.  This one shares the same floorplan as the Houston temple.  It was freezing the morning we went (probably about 10 degrees, much too cold for my poor Arizona self).  The fountain out front (which obviously had heaters in it to keep it from freezing) was steaming!


 


I had a neat experience in the Albuquerque temple.  We were sitting together in the celestial room after our session and Tony asked me to pray.  We always pray together in the celestial room.  This time, I thanked our Heavenly Father for our temple marriage.  I thanked Him for allowing us to be an eternal family.  I expressed my gratitude that my baby could be sealed to us for time and all eternity.  When I said this I got really emotional all of a sudden.  I had thought about our baby being sealed to us before but for some reason it really hit me at that moment.  My baby is mine forever because of the sealing ordinances of the temple and I am so grateful!

We've been to eleven.  That's quite an accomplishment for 1 year of marriage.  We still have two in Arizona (Gila Valley and Snowflake) that we haven't visited and two more on the way (Gilbert and Phoenix).  We love temples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!