Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Staying Home

As many of you may know, recently President Barack Obama made the following statement:

"Sometimes, someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that’s not a choice we want Americans to make."
How sad.  How sad that he feels that way.  How sad for anyone to feel that way.

My response is that maybe there are more moms out there who wish they could stay home with the kids instead of staying in the workplace.  I have certainly met my share.

It makes me grateful for my decision to stay home with my kids and most especially, that I had the freedom to make that choice!  I am grateful for Husband's employment that sufficiently meets our needs.  I am grateful that we consciously make the choice to live within our means over and over again!  I am grateful that Husband supports me in my decision to stay home,  How blessed I am!

                     _________________________________________________________________________________________

Movies on Main: free snow cones, free popcorn, free movie

The mosquito won. 

 Cosmic Kids Yoga - YouTube (look it up!)

 Edible paint fun!





Seriously!  I just love them!  

1 comment:

  1. I could not believe that statement. I am grateful (most of the time) ;) that I can be a full time mom to my kids. The one thing this world doesn't need is more babies in daycare, they need their mothers to nurture them.

    ReplyDelete

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!