Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bloomsday 2014

When my dad told me he was headed up to Spokane to visit family and to run in the Bloomsday race, I was bummed.  I really wanted to visit my grandparents, but I was already scheduled to work.  When Husband accepted his new job, though, our plans changed.  This trip to Washington was a large reason why the kids and I didn't leave for Texas at the same time Husband did.  We made a week long pit stop in Spokane.

After we planned to go with Pops, he invited me to run with him in the Bloomsday race.  It was a 12k race.  I had never done anything like this, and I'm not a runner, but I figured I could keep up with my dad. ;)  Some cousins and my Aunt Mary also ran and another cousin stayed behind to watch my kids.  We had a great time.



It was a good workout.  It was challenging, especially "Doomsday Hill." But, we were saying, "Let's do that again!" before the day was even over.



My official finish time was 1:47:48. My dad beat me by two seconds.



Can't wait until next year, Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!