Friday, April 12, 2013

Culture Pass: Children's Museum

Last week Hyrum and I got a Culture Pass from the library and went to the Children's Museum for FREE!  We spent the whole morning there and had lots of fun.


Hyrum didn't really want to make pizza at the pizza kitchen, but he loved wearing the camo apron.  He didn't want to take it off!


This time he was big enough to ride his little bike through the car wash.




We spent lots of time in the "three and under" room.  It was his favorite place.  We even went back again after we took a lunch break.  It must have been nap time, though, because he and one other little boy had the whole place to themselves.


I sure love my Hyrum.  I love being his Momma.  I am grateful for the time we get to spend one-on-one.

I'm grateful that I was able to listen to General Conference this past week.  Sister Rosemary M. Wixom's talk "The Words We Speak" particularly stood out to me.  It made me want to be a better mother in so many ways.  Particularly, I want to make my home a safe place to learn and to make mistakes.  Maybe that's why I said, "Oopsies!  Guess we'll have to clean it up" when Hyrum spilled his second cup of milk at breakfast this morning, instead of screaming and pulling my hair out, which is how I really felt like reacting.  Oh what patience you learn as a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!