This year we spent Thanksgiving in Utah with the Brown side of the family. I skipped out early on some of my classes so that we could spend a couple extra days with Whitney and Kemp. We had a fabulous time! Here are some of the highlights:
- We watched Harry Potter 1-6 at home and then went and saw the seventh one on the mammoth screen.
- We made our Thanksgiving dinner from scratch and it was delicious! Turkey (Whitney's creation), stuffing, corn, gravy, rolls (Kemp's deliciousness), green beans, mashed potatoes, and a scrumptious punch.
- We also had apple pie, peach cobbler, cherry pie, better-than-anything cake, and pumpkin crumble.
- Black Friday was a busy day for the boys and the girls. Dr. Brown took Whitney and I shopping until we could shop no more. We were spoiled. In the meantime, the boys built a wall in order to create a nursery for the arrival of Jacie Lynn Goodwin. (YES! They're having a girl!!)
- We all met up that evening and went to Tocano's, a Brazilian barbecue place. It has an all-you-can-eat salad bar and then they bring around a wide selection of meats and you eat until your heart's (or stomach's) content.
- After dinner it was back to work! The boys finished up the wall while the girls wrapped all the purchases for Christmas the next day.
- Tony and I were spoiled rotten, as usual. On top of my maternity wardrobe I received a stethoscope, a sphygmomanometer, new tennis shoes, a wheat grinder, and puzzles. Tony got a brand new fancy-pants Android phone (which he loves), new dress shirts, tennis shoes, and some of his favorite board games. Baby got a new jogging stroller and car seat.
- On Saturday afternoon we went out into the freezing snow and took family pictures. We had a lot of fun doing that and I'm excited to see how they turned out!
- Sunday meant driving home and, lucky us, there was a snow storm. The "Speed Limit 80" signs taunted us all the way from Lehi to St. George, where we stopped for the night. We topped of the whole trip with Cracker Barrel for breakfast.
We really enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with our family. We really do take advantage of every chance we have since we're all so spread out. It was probably the last time we'll have all six of us together before six becomes eight!