Sunday, June 26, 2011

Daddy, Pops, Grandpa, and Great-Grandpas

I really enjoyed Father's Day this year because it was a year of firsts.  It was the first year that Tony was Daddy, the first year my dad was Pops, the first year Tony's dad was Grandpa, the first year Papa was Great-Papa, and the first year Grandpa was Great-Grandpa.


I am so grateful for the wonderful men that Hyrum has to look up to.

Tony is my very best friend and he makes me better in so many ways.  I know that I can be a good mother for Hyrum because Tony is there to support me and help me.


I love my dad, Pops, because of his easy smile and continuous humor.  He has always been my number one coach and supporter and I know he will do the same for Hyrum.


Tony's dad doesn't fall short in any way [besides maybe a few inches].  He has raised an amazing son and has been a wonderful example to us.  He loves Hyrum just like a Grandpa Brown should.


Papa, Grandpa Shinkle, and Grandpa Burgess are Hyrum's three living great-grandfathers.  He already loves his Papa [Papa tells me that he and Hyrum "have a thing for each other."] and is excited for the chance to meet his other great-grandpas. 


Hooray for dads and for grandpas!

1 comment:

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!