Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Little Things

I haven't blogged in too long, so I think it's about time I catch up on the "little things."

The other night, Husband and I were reading the scriptures together.  He read, Jacob 4:6 
"Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea."
Wifey: "What about weeds?  Can we say 'Get thee hence, weeds!' and they go away?!"
Husband: James 2:26 "faith without works is dead"

Needless to say, our yard has been overrun by weeds and we're a little overwhelmed by them.  We've got two weeks to clear them out.  Two weeks before the in-laws come into town and we suffer from utter shame and embarrassment at our lack of yard care skills.  Unfortunately, it's getting hot, so we spend a couple of hours in the yard each (hopefully) morning to try to chip away at it.

Speaking of two weeks!  Graduation!  I am beyond excited.  I think of those times when I just wanted to quit.  I had a newborn.  Classes were hard.  It just didn't seem worth it.  Now I can say that I stuck to it and I'm a college graduate!  Not only that, but I will soon be a registered nurse.  I have paid a bunch of money and sent in my application to the State Board of Nursing.  Today I finished the last of my assignments for school and registered to take the NCLEX.  Best nap time EVER!

Little Boy Hyrum turned two!  We'll have to post an update with pictures of his birthday bash, but needless to say, we have a full grown toddler on our hands.  He is so super smart!  He can count to ten, mostly.  Today his favorite number is 8, so when you try to get him to count he just tries to skip to 8, 9, 10!  He talks and talks and talks and talks.  He is enthralled by babies.  We're excited to see how he blossoms as a big brother.

Other than that, we're just trying to figure out what comes next.  Husband is looking for jobs and applying for his project management certification.  The Morgans come home in August.  We're not sure where we'll be living or what we'll be doing by then, but we know that the Lord has a plan for us.  He has always taken care of us in the past and will continue to do so.  We just have to be patient.

1 Nephi 2: 19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loves to you for leaving nice comments!